Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve Dinner



I decided to try a new tradition this year for Christmas Eve. We tried to have a meal that would have been similar to what Jesus would have eaten. After doing some research I came up with the following menu:

Dried dates and apricots
cheese
Dried meat (beef jerky)
olives
apples, grapes, pomegranate
rustic bread
Pita bread
olive spread


It sounded kind of funny, but it was amazing how well all the flavors went together. The kids really enjoyed trying some new foods, too. And since it was an easy meal to prepare, that helped us think about the Savior, I think I will make it again next year.

4 comments:

  1. You are so clever and always doing fun things with your kids. Where do you get the energy and time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh, sounds so yummy. I always loved going to Passover things at Institute or Seminary, not only for the lesson but because the food is really good too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nettie, that's such a cool idea! I'll bet it was so fun for your family.

    Please come to my Blog to see the cool new project I'm working on! :)

    ReplyDelete