Thursday, March 30, 2006

Ahhh, Kielbasa!



Tonight Emily (my 8 yr old) helped me make dinner:

Kielbasa Soup

1 Pkg Kielbasa, sliced
Medium onion, chopped
1 can corn
1 can green beans
a few potatoes, peeled and cut into bite size pieces

Fry kielbasa and onion till onion is transluscent. Add canned veggies with their juices, the potatoes and enough water to just cover veggies. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer till potatoes are tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve. Quick and yummy!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds delish! Will definitely have to try it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, silly me....what is a Kielbasa? Is it a kind of sausage? I would love to try your recipe...I love soup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kielbasa IS a sort of sausage, usually in kind of an oval shape. You can find it in the meat section. Its more of an east coast thing, I guess. It's also really good fried up with onions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! i've had that before! I LOVE that soup....

    ReplyDelete