Sketchy of Living the Sweet Life tagged me for a Halloween meme. I love Halloween, and the questions to this one are likewise as fun!
1.What's the scariest movie you've ever seen? I really don't like scary movies. Not Psycho, for sure. I remember being so disappointed in that one. Actually it was a tv show that has scared me the most. The Little House on the Praire episode where the blind school burns down, and one of the teachers gets trapped on the top floor with Mary's baby. The image of her screaming and burning to death as she wacks the baby against a window has haunted me for years. SHUDDER. Okay, that question wasn't so fun after all.
2. What was your favorite Halloween Costume from childhood, and adulthood? My favorite as a kid was a gypsy. I wore canning rings as earrings! I later wore a gypsy costume in high school to play the fortune teller for a neighborhood carnival. There was a photographer there from the paper who kept trying to take my picture. I was self conscious, of course, and kept trying to avoid him, mostly hiding in my sweltering hot tent. Somehow, he managed to get one of me as I peeked out. I was on the front page the next day. My brief moment of fame!
3. If you had an unlimited budget, what would your Fantasy Costume be for this Halloween? I'd dress the whole family in costumes from Lord of the Rings. Everyone could find a character they liked, and I could wear one of those cool Elven maiden costumes.
4.When was the last time you went Trick Or Treating? 2 years ago, with the kids. Last year I was the candy giver outer.
5.What is your favorite Halloween treat? My favorite candy is definitely dark chocolate. But, I have to pick candy corn for this question. I remember as a kid relishing them as I ate them one color at a time.
6. Tell us about a scary nightmare you had. When I was around 7, I remember having a recurring nightmare about walking home from school everyday with a group of kids. On the way home, we would stop in the field behind my Grandpa's house, pull the wooden cover off of a deep hole dug in the dirt, and help kids out of it. Then a really mean girl pushed some new kids in it, we replaced the lid, and repeated the whole thing the next day. I always woke up when I got pushed and started falling into the dark hole. I had to invent elaborate happy endings to get over that one.
7. What is your Supernatural Fear? Possession by evil spirits.
8. What is your Creepy-Crawlie Fear? There are these bugs called cave crickets or camel crickets. They look like hump backed spiders with long bent legs. They can jump 6 feet in any direction. You have one chance to kill them. If you miss, you have no idea where they disappeared to. I came home one night when I was a nanny and found one in my room. I missed it. After tearing my room apart looking for it, I ended up sleeping on the couch in the study.
9. Tell us about a time when you saw a ghost, or heard something go Bump in the night. I've never seen a ghost. When my husband and I were first married, some older girls I knew from the Boy's and Girl's Club were having a sleepover and came to visit me in the middle of the night. The tallest of them wore a hoodie, with a mannequin's head on her head inside the hood, making her look unnaturally tall and creepy. My husband groggily opened the door, took one look, slammed the door, and ran and hid under the covers. He said later he was sure someone had come to kill us. I guessed they might come visit me, and just laughed and went and opened the door again. He hadn't even relocked it! At least he is very brave and cool headed when fully awake!
10. Would you ever stay in a real Haunted House overnight? It depends. If it was REALLY haunted, as in needing exorcism, definitely not. But, my husband and I used to love visiting all the haunted house fundraisers along the Wasatch Front. It's fun to be scared when you know its not real! Especially, if I have my brave AWAKE husband to hide behind while I scream! So, that kind of Haunted House I would love to stay in, at least until I got really tired and wanted to sleep undisturbed.
11. Are you a traditionalist (just a face) Jack O'Lantern Carver, or do you get really creative with your pumpkins? Traditionalist. I just carve whatever lopsided, toothy faces my kids draw on their pumpkins for them.
12. How much do you decorate your home for Halloween? I decorate more for Fall because I can keep it up longer. We do hang the kid's creations from school, a few window clings, and orange lights and fake spider webs up on the porch.
13. What do you want on your Tombstone? Pepperoni and Black olives. ; ) Actually, I think the old white marble headstones, with script lettering, are really beautiful. I like the ones with the four line verses under the name and dates. I can't think of a verse right now for it, though.
I'm keeping the tags in the family this time: my cousin, Suzanne at A Rose By Any Other Name and my sisters, ItyBtyFrog at ItyBtyFrog Ideas, and Jettara at What Was I Thinking...