Wednesday, May 7, 2008

April in Review




I know it's already a week into May. (Wow, can you believe that!) But, since its been over a month since my last post, I thought I should cover lost ground. I did go back to count last April's posts and found there were only two. I'm not sure if April is just busy for me, or I start spending less time on the computer and more time inside when the weather warms...

These are long gone:


I got a new hair cut and had side swept bangs cut. This is the first time in years and years I've had bangs.





In the garden, I transplanted the hydrangeas and planted new roses and blueberry bushes. Marvin burned my prunings and I dug the ashes into the garden before the girls and I planted: beans, sunflowers, tomatoes, peppers, beets, zuchinni, pumpkins, lettuce, spinach, basil, dill and oregano. I still need to do annual flowers and thin the raspberries.

We finished laying the tile floor.



We still need to reinstall the baseboards, closet doors, toilet, sinks, shave down the bottom of the basement door, add trim work to the step downs and thresholds and shorten the legs of my washer so the door doesn't hit the cupboards above. Nine work days into the project and still not done. And I still have a toilet in my living room.



But, I love it, so I think it was worth it.




11 comments:

  1. What a great month! I love your new floor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay you're back... and busy!!! Holy cow woman! Can you share the secret to your energy...? That toilet in your living room is funny... and practical. Then you don't have to wait until commercial. Smart lady! *wink wink*
    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Cow, you've been busy!

    Love the picture of Cyrus sleeping. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a very fun post to read. You and your family are great! I'm glad Elsie sleeps sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have had a busy month!!! I love all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, how many people can say that they have a toilet in their living room? ;)

    It looks like you're so busy! Your garden sounds fantastic. You'll have to let us know how it goes.

    I love seeing the picture of your children! They seem so much bigger every time that I see them. I'm sure Marvin was excited to lose the braces! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the update..no wonder you didn't have time to post! Your daughter and mine should be friends. My daughter is unfortunate that her mother doesn't have that much energy.
    I love your tile too, it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your floor looks great! You are a busy mom. You're kids are growing so fast tell them to slow down for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great blog. I found you when searching under Large Families. I am an LDS mother of nine and I think that is a hilarious picture of your baby sleeping on the steps! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete