Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Timely Meme

My sister in law tagged me for a meme. I haven't done one for awhile, so here goes...

Past, Present, Future
20 years ago . . .
1. I was working as a Nanny in NJ.
2. I had just started dating my future husband.
3. I was saving money for college.

10 years ago . . .
1. Dh graduated from graduate school.
2. We sold our second house in Missouri.
3. We moved with our 2 kids in with our in laws in NJ.

5 years ago ...
1. We were living back in Utah with 3 kids.
2. My sister in law and my nephew were baptized.
3. We saw or went to San Antonio, Roswell, Cape Cod, Timpanogas, Park City, St.
Francis Peak, The Spiral Jetty, Blacks Fork at least 3 times, Hogle Zoo and the
Children's Museum.

3 years ago . . .
1. We had just had our 4th baby.
2. We were now living here.
3. I was working on getting my new garden in.

1 year ago . . .
1. I was about to give birth to our 5th baby.
2. I was about to celebrate my one year blogiversary.
3. I was in the process of painting the nursery mural.

So far this year . . .
1. I took up the hobby of birdwatching and participated in the Great Backyard Bird
Count.
2. I started a nature journal.
3. I briefly considered the possibility of moving again.

Yesterday . . .
1. I managed to get both of my little ones to nap at the same time.
2. I went on a date with DH to Panera and to the mall to buy him new dress shirts.
3. I shaved my left leg, because I forgot to shave it on Monday when I did the right
one.

Tomorrow. . .
1. I will do my errands/shopping that I didn't do today because of the snow.
2. I will pay the bills.
3. I will work on planning an upcoming Primary Activity.

In the next year I shall...
1. Hopefully install tile and do some painting.
2. Wean the baby.
3. Sleep a solid 8 hour stretch a time or two.

10 comments:

  1. Wow, it's fun to see what you've been up to that past 20 years! You sure have kept yourself busy!=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy the last 20 years. These memes are so informative. I enjoy learning and remembering things from the past. Good Luck to you and loves to all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted to go to the spiral jetty. I did a report on it when I was in 6th grade. I love that you forgot to shave one of your legs. LOL!!! Let me know what you have planned for your primary activity. I am totally drawing a blank for what to do for this next one. I have the two after that planned, but I am fresh out of ideas for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the Spiral Jetty. We go every year and my kids love picking up a salt rock and bringing it home. Once my oldest found a salty puddle and tried to wash her shoe in it. It ruined the fake leather.

    You know what's funny? I remember when you were a nanny. And I remember when you only had Marvin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your link! I really like the forsythia in the pitcher.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun meme!

    Sounds like you've kept yourself busy with wonderful things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comment. It's nice to know experienced moms can feel the same way I do, too.
    And sorry about the link thing...all better now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for playing Nettie it is so fun to learn more about you and your family. Would it gross you out if I told you I rarely shave my legs in the winter?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What about a sixth baby? Wouldn't that be great?? Having so many children that you have to count them on TWO hands!!!

    Thanks for dropping by. It's good to hear from you. I cannot believe that your little guy will be one in two weeks. The first birthday is extremely bittersweet for me. It never ceases to amaze me just how fast that first year goes...

    Good luck with the whole "sleep" thing. It's definitely not an easy nut to crack!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've done a lot over the last 20 years, you deserve at least 8 hours of sleep! :)

    ReplyDelete