Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Wordless Wednesday- Now with Words

Photobucket

For more Wordless Wednesday.

UPDATED: My dad wanted to know more, so I will oblige...It seems that peanuts are one of blue jays' favorite foods. I bought a bag and we have been throwing a handful out on the back patio in the morning. Practically a flock of blue jays come to get them. Emily was home from school on Monday and she and I had a good time trying to take pictures of them. We even turned the coffee table on its side and pushed it up over to the windows so we could have a "blind" to hide behind. Here are a couple more pictures:

Standing on one foot:
Photobucket

Three at once:
Photobucket

An interesting thing about their migration, is that some do, and some don't. Younger ones are more likely to migrate, but whether a particular blue jay chooses to migrate can vary from one year to the next. They aren't sure why!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! What a pretty bird. All we have aroung here lately are crows and turkeys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a Blue Jay! Maybe it didn't fly south this year. Not all Blue Jays migrate. I hoped it was a sign of Spring, but I don't think it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wordless Wednesday? I like the picture, but a couple words explaining what where when and how would be nice.

    ReplyDelete